Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trick or Treat?

After experiencing the event first hand, I have come to the conclusion that the Ohio University’s notorious Halloween party is most defiantly slightly overrated. Yes the streets were crowded and there were some very “interesting” costumes, but I would be lying to myself if I said that I wasn’t disappointed. The girls were not quite as “dirty” as I expected them to be and the night overall wasn’t exactly what I anticipated it to be. Perhaps I had my hopes set too high or maybe things were not as crazy because of all of the extra security, either way, it was not anything special. The highlight of my night was probably right before I got back in my room and I had a “talk” with a certain female peer. This conversation was just a continuation of a situation that started about two weeks ago. I personally feel that Friday night was better than Saturday night, but that is just my opinion. My feelings towards Ohio U would probably not affect many people because of the fact that I don’t drink, making many of my peers seem like they have more fun than I do. Overall, my first Halloween at Ohio University was far from spectacular, but hopefully next year will be better. Maybe it would help if I actually dress up and act like an idiot like everyone else. I’m going to go get to work on planning out my costume for next year so I can have a better time.

No comments: